Information We May Collect
Categories of data subjects from whom we may collect data:
- employees and former employees including volunteers, agents, individual contractors, temporary or casual workers;
- applicants who have applied for employment;
- relatives, guardians or associates of employees, former employees or applicants;
- contractors, agents, consultants and suppliers both past and present and their individual employees or representative;
- customers and former customers and their employees or representatives, which may include clients of our customers and former customers;
- individuals and representatives of organizations who have registered with SahayaIAS to obtain information on products and/or services offered; and
- individuals and representatives of organizations who have visited the website.
Information may include:
- browser and device information;
- server log file information;
- information collected through cookies and other technologies;
- demographic information and other information provided by you;
- financial details;
- complaints or grievances;
- contact details, being corporate contact details where appropriate, including email, postal address, telephone and facsimile numbers;
- purchasing habits and customers;
- customer preferences;
In addition, with respect to employees, former employees and applicants the additional categories of data may include:
- Personal details
- Family, lifestyle and social circumstances
- Employment details
- Financial details
- Complaints or grievances
- Email and postal addresses
- Telephone and facsimile numbers
- Limited sensitive data such as racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health or condition, religious observance, issues notified under whistleblower policies, criminal records and disciplinary records, collected in the ordinary course of the employment relationship.
How We May Collect the Information
We may collect information in a variety of ways, including:
- From you directly.
- Through this site: SaahayIAS may collect information through the website when you visit.
- Through business interaction: We may collect information through your or your employer’s business interaction with our employees or offices.
- From other sources: We may receive information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; or other third parties.
How We May Use Information
- Data storage and administration;
- Data security;
- Customer and user administration, including the processing of orders, enquires and client reporting;
- Employee administration;
- Advertising, marketing and public relations activities;
- Maintenance of accounts and records;
- Analysis of trends and statistical data;
- Crime prevention and prosecution of offenders; and
- Maintenance and development of our website including tailoring for specific visitors.
SahayaIAS will always request your consent to send you marketing communications - as per the Information Disclosure section below you may opt-out of this whenever you wish.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you only (i) where we have your consent to do so, (ii) where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you, or (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal data).
We will process your information for the purposes of operating our website and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you and in our legitimate commercial interests, for instance, when responding to your queries, undertaking marketing activities, improving our website and services or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
The information you provide for surveys will be used to support your relationship with SahayaIAS. SahayaIAS may use online surveys to ask visitors/customers for contact information (like their email address). We use contact data from our surveys to send the survey taker information about our company and promotional material on behalf of our partners. We may combine survey information with other data we hold about you.
The information you provide during contests and giveaways will be used to support your customer relationship with SahayaIAS. SahayaIAS may ask for contact information (like your email address). We use contact data from these events to send users information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners. The contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. We may combine this information with other data we hold about you.
If you use the website to apply to work with us, the information you provide will be used to evaluate your candidacy for job opportunities with SahayaIAS and to monitor recruitment statistics. We provide electronic applications on our site in which we ask job candidates for contact information (like their email address) and information regarding work history and education. We use third parties to help us to do that. We use contact data from our applications to contact those individuals whose backgrounds most closely meet our requirements to schedule a personal interview. As a global business, we may transfer your details outside of your home country and to other SahayaIAS affiliated entities. Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held after the recruitment exercise has been completed and may be reconsidered should an appropriate position become available. SahayaIAS will follow the applicable law as to destruction and deletion of such personal information. We may retain de-personalized statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but individuals should not be identifiable from that data. Once a person has taken up employment with us, we will compile a file relating to their employment. At that stage, we will give more details about how we hold employee data.
SahayaIAS will not give or sell any information regarding you or your order and the products you purchase to any outside organization for its use in marketing or solicitation without your consent, save for the limited circumstances outlined in this policy. Your information may be shared with group companies, agents, contractors or vendors of SahayaIAS who provide data processing services to us or who otherwise process personal data for the purpose of performing services for you or SahayaIAS or for the purpose notified to you when we collected your personal data. SahayaIAS may release personal data (including personally identifiable information) when required to by law if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, in response to a lawful request by public authorities, a court order or legal process served on SahayaIAS.
We may also disclose your information if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of the business or assets. If SahayaIAS or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held may be one of the transferred assets. Any third party who acquires assets from us may acquire all or part of our business. They may not be in the same line of business as we are. Similarly, your personal information may be passed on to a successor in interest in the event of a reconstruction, liquidation or administration.
While SahayaIAS uses all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, no security program is impenetrable, and criminals have been adept at circumventing widely adopted security safeguards. Accordingly you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and that you provide personal information to SahayaIAS at your own risk. SahayaIAS cannot therefore guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or via the internet. Any user or third party accessing SahayaIAS's website or services is responsible for its own use of the website and the services. SahayaIAS is not responsible for any third party’s actions or its security controls with respect to information that third parties may collect or process via the website, services or otherwise.
SahayaIAS uses what we consider to be reasonable and appropriate organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect information under our control. This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All account information you use or supply on SahayaIAS's website when ordering or tracking products is held on a system which is designed to be secure. We use reputable advanced encryption technology which the aim to protect you from unauthorized use of information supplied on our website. In addition, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart and to gather broad demographic information.
Social Media Features
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site or our online ordering facility, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Please make sure this password is unique and that you do not use this password for any other purpose. If you use another account (such as a social media account) to log on to a secure part of the SahayaIAS website, then please make sure that you keep that password secure as well. If you think that any of your passwords have been compromised, please notify us so that we can look after the security of your details on our website.
Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
Retention of Personal Data
We retain personal data we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Last Updated Jan 2019